Disc Golf The Game
Disc Golf is growing worldwide and nationally with over 2,500 courses in the United States alone. La Mirada was 27 holes until the water park put in where they moved the baskets and added more creating a whole back 18 for a total of 36 now.
Disc golf is like ball golf in the sense there is a par for each hole. Disc Golf is very inexspensive to play with most courses being free to play once you have your own equiptment.
1.DO NOT THROW IF THE FAIRWAY IS NOT CLEAR OF PEDESTRIANS/PLAYERS
2.Every throw is a ‘stroke’ with the intent to get your disc into the basket in the least throws possible
3. YELL ‘FORE’ IMMEDIATELY IF YOUR DISC MAY COME CLOSE OR HIT A PERSON.
4. Sidewalks usually play out of bounds where you would throw you next shot from where it went out of bounds with a one throw penalty.
5.BE COURTEOUS TO OTHER PEOPLE IN THE PARK, DISC GOLF IS A PRIVELAGE AT MOST FACILITIES NOT A RIGHT.
6. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ERRANT THROWS.
La Mirada The Course
2. Front 18 consists of all par 3’s and holes ranging from 250ft to 450ft surrounding the beautiful lake. Though much has changed there are plenty remnants of the old course. Good mix of all shots.
3. Back 18 consists of 15 par 3’s and 3 par 4’s (depending on pin position). It is a good deal longer than the front 18 with OB abundant on some holes and tight tree lines to navigate. Has a good mix of open and technical holes to keeps things interesting.